Michelle Ryan is the wife of 29-years of Rex Ryan, the head coach of the Buffalo Bills. Rex is the son of former defensive coordinator and head coach Buddy Ryan and is also the fraternal twin brother of Rob Ryan. Let’s keep learning about Michelle and her family on the facts below!
1. Michelle’s maiden name is Goeringer.
2. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1981.
3. Mr. and Mrs. Ryan met at Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
4. After accepting his position as a graduate assistant at Eastern Kentucky University, Rex proposed to Michelle by phone, she said yes, they eventually got engaged and were married in 1987.
5. The couple has two grown sons: Payton and Seth, who is an American football wide receiver for the Clemson Tigers. Payton is the older of the two and was named after Hall of Fame running back Walter Payton, who was coached by Rex’s father, Buddy.
6. A family relocation took place with the move to Buffalo.
7. Michelle’s hubby was hired by the New York Jets in 2009.
8. Her brother-in-law is now the assistant head coach for the Bills.
9. In the mid-80s, Mrs. Ryan wanted to go on a double date with the twin brothers and had a second female picked out, but Rex refused to attend. The resulting altercation between the Ryan brothers resulted in Rex being sent to jail for the night.
10. From the long periods of time when Michelle’s hubby was gone and moving all over the country, she has to raise their kids on her own.
11. One of the couple’s struggles was Rex’s weight. After weighting almost 350 pounds, and with Mrs. Ryan’s support, Rex opted for lap-band surgery in 2010, helping him lose 106 pounds by 2012.
12. Even though Michelle has been very cautious about her private life, the Ryans haven’t escaped from controversy: in 2010, a video of a man rubbing and smelling a woman’s feet surfaced, both of them very similar to Michelle and Rex, but they never confirmed if it was them in the video.