Laurie Phillips is the wife of Wade Phillips, NFL defensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos who was the head coach of this team in 2010. He has also been in the coaching staff of the Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, and New Orleans Saints. Let’s keep learning about Laurie on the facts below!
1. Mrs. Phillips met her hubby while they both attended at Port Neches-Groves High School.
2. Laurie was the head cheerleader in high school while Wade was the team’s quarterback.
3. Her family told her to stay away from him at first.
4. Wade’s wife said she would never marry a football coach “because they were never at home and they didn’t make enough money”.
5. Laurie went to Lamar University in Beaumont after graduating from high school and Wade got a football scholarship to the University of Houston. They began to exchange letters, but they stopped sending them and didn’t hear from each other for the next three years.
6. Wade’s wife graduated from Lamar University and got engaged to another man while the Phillips stopped having communication. She found Wade’s letters at that time, but then thought he could also be engaged or even married and with children.
7. Laurie took the risk and sent him a letter: he was not married nor he was engaged so, after spending time together in Houston, she called her fiancée to break the engagement.
8. Wade proposed and she said yes, and their marriage came two months later!
9. The Phillips have two children: Tracy and Wes.
10. Laurie’s daughter is an actress known for appearing on “Charlie Wilson’s War”, “Water for Elephants”, and “(500) Days of Summer. She is also a dancer and a choreographer that has been part of several music videos for people like Will Smith, Ricky Martin, Goo Goo Dolls, and No Doubt.
11. Wes Phillips has a degree in philosophy and is the tight end coach for the Washington Redskins and former football player at the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP). He has also worked with the Dallas Cowboys and was the quarterbacks’ coach at Baylor and Texas A&M.
12. Laurie is the lovely grandma of Mac and Ivy, children of her son and his wife Anne.