Deanna Favre is the lovely and caring wife of Brett Favre, NFL former quarterback who played for the Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings, but most of his career for the Green Bay Packers. Let’s learn more about Deanna on the facts below!
1. Deanna Favre was born Deanna Tynes on December 28, 1968, in Gulfport, Mississippi.
2. She is one of the children born to single mom Ann, who later married Kerry Tynes, who adopted Deanna after marrying Ann.
3. Mrs. Favre has one sister, Christie, and a brother, Casey, who passed away at the age of 24 after a vehicle accident on the Favre’s Mississippi property on October 6, 2004.
4. The Favres met when Deanna was still a little girl in school, in Kiln, but they started dating in high school. Brett’s wife graduated in 1986, and later attended Poplarville with a basketball scholarship, before being transferred to the University of Southern Mississippi.
5. Brett became addicted to Vicodin, so Deanna had to deal with balancing her time between studies and job, while also being a single mom to their first child Brittany Nicole, born on February 6, 1989.
6. Mrs. Favre graduated in 1994 with a bachelor’s degree in exercise science.
7. Deanna and her daughter moved to Green Bay in 1995 with Brett, who was battling with his addiction at that time. Her wife was next to him when he publicly acknowledged it on May 14, 1996.
8. Brett’s wife helped him overcome the addiction.
9. The Favres were married on June 14, 1996, at St. Agnes Catholic Church, in Green Bay.
10. Deanna had to kick her husband out of their house because Brett had a drinking problem, so he got into rehab once again.
11. Breleigh Ann, the couple’s second daughter, was born on July 13, 1999, after Brett left rehab and his marriage with Deanna became stronger than ever.
12. Mrs. Favre was diagnosed with breast cancer in October, 2004, just one week after her brother passed away, but she made a complete recovery following a lumpectomy and chemotherapy during five months.
13. Deanna founded the Deanna Favre Hope Foundation.
14. Her daughter Brittany and her husband Alex Mallion turned Mrs. Favre into a proud grandma after having Parker Brett and A.J.