Cheri Shepard is the stunning and supportive mother of NFL rookie Sterling Shepard, who currently plays for the New York Giants. Let’s keep learning about Cheri on the facts below!
1. Cheri was born Cheri Clay.
2. She is an Oklahoma City native.
3. Mrs. Shepard is the daughter of James and Edna Clay.
4. Sterling’s momma went to Northeast High School, where she made the honor roll and was also selected Miss Northeast by her classmates.
5. Cheri hardly ever missed a game of her son while he attended Oklahoma University.
6. She used to wear proudly one of her son’s No. 3 jerseys to cheer for the then Sooners’ leading receiver.
7. Sterling’s mother certainly has close ties to Oklahoma University.
8. She happens to have two degrees from OU: a BBA in finance and a MPA.
9. Mrs. Shepard and her late husband Derrick had two other children beside Sterling: Ashleigh and Shelby.
10. Her hubby died of a heart attack in 1999 while playing racquetball, when Sterling was only 6. Derrick, a standout receiver on Oklahoma’s 1985 national championship team, was diagnosed with an enlarged heart.
11. Cheri was able to raise her children with the help of her parents.
12. She worked as a Human Resources Manager at Hitachi Computer Products for 15 years.
13. The mother of three has also worked as a compensation manager at Chesapeake Energy.
14. Cheri is currently the human resources director for Ascent Resources in Oklahoma City.
15. You can follow Cheri Shepard on Instagram!